abah.. i love you!
i can still vividly remember the day dad becomes the father of the bride..he looked pale prior to the prep perhaps. or was it the nerves that pulls in during the time? i mean, in a circumstance of letting go her ONLY daughter whom he cared for all this long. *wedding are stirring and poignant occasion* but he managed to cast the shadow off by lending us all the genuine smile of him. he once uttered the morning before akad: kaklong, nanti dah jadi isteri orang, kene dengar cakap suami.. dan nanti jangan la lupe abah & mama ni..*banjirrrrrr* imagine he said that at the verge of my akad? i cried my heart out of course! those words are like the cupid arrow that went straight to heart. too deep. i had a moment to myself. but i did not call off the wedding la for sure. *_*
during akad, the instance qadi nodded confirming SAH, legitimate of me becoming someone's wife, i saw abah shed his tears off.. slowly. i have not seen him in tears for long. too rare. abah's soft spot came into picture. i got soo touched. *banjirrrr again* worst this time. heavy flow indeed. make up's all ruined. Repeatedly i remember the mind was telling me not to cry, but heart just blurted it out.arghh. too sad if i were to write longer.*i cannot be crying in front of the pc for god sake*
abah dear, one thing for sure, thou you may not left behind million dollar money as inheritance, the love i offer is unconditional. nothing beats you! Happy Father's Day. i give you Adam to keep you company :)
You may have thought I didn't see,
Or that I hadn't heard,
Life lessons that you taught to me,
But I got every word.
Perhaps you thought I missed it all,
And that we'd grow apart,
But Dad, I picked up everything,
It's written on my heart.
Without you, Dad, I wouldn't be
The woman I am today;
You built a strong foundation
No one can take away.
I've grown up with your values,
And I'm very glad I did;
So here's to you, dear father,
From your forever grateful daughter.
*source poem from the net :p *
jot, this is sooo sweet. i sedih baca. i miss my dad!
ReplyDeletedena dear, i betttt! time u nikah nanti, bukan banjir dah..tsunami youuuu! hik2. sbb u are daddy's gurl. manja one pulak tu :) tp takpe, i'll be there to sheds of tsunami tu :p hehe
ReplyDelete*like
ReplyDeletekembar: al fatihah untuk arwah babah kamu.. semoga beliau ditempatkan di kalangan org yg beriman insyaAllah.
ReplyDelete